Friday, June 03, 2011

Some Monthly Crafting

It's been a while!
We've been busy. It's the end of the "school year" so we've been catching up on work, recitals, and other necessary things. But amidst all that, I like to take a break and do something fun.

We've invited a lovely group of ladies and their kids to come over next week for a little craft and some pool time/potluck. So I've been working like a little busy bee to get things ready. These are a couple of pictures of the crafts we'll be doing...

First, I thought it would be fun to pick one saint a month to focus on and paint a little doll! The summer saints often get over looked as we're busy doing summer stuff. But this is a simple and easy reminder of their lives and examples that we can carry with us on our faith journey.
We'll be doing Saint Anthony this month.

And because Father's Day is this month, we will also be making the dad's in our lives cards! But the kids cards will be in brighter Spring/Summer colors.
It's a shirt and tie! How cute is that? :) I think I will be printing little ribbons of "Father's Day" instead of the actual ribbon-- too much work! On the inside is a card that say's "Five Things I Love About You!", and on the back are spaces for writing those 5 things.

I'm looking forward to the fun and so are the kids!

No comments: