Sunday, August 30, 2009

Around and About.

Friday I had my prenatal checkup. Everything looks great. I also got to have a 3-D ultrasound, which was amazing. I didn't have one with any of the other kids! I got a disk with some clips and pictures...but for some reason I can't view the videos on my laptop, which is where I usually blog from. I may have to use the other Mac to see if I can upload them to my blog. I know the grandma's would love to see those. They really are cute. The little one weighs 2 lbs and 11 ozs. He's 28 weeks on Tuesday. He's opening his eyes too which was really neat to see.
I'm really excited to meet this little one. He seems so much different from the others. He's very calm, and seemed very content when we were watching him. I've mentioned before that the others did gymnastics in utero, but he just sort of seems to hang out and be totally chilled all the time. I keep joking that he's probably one of those silent but deadly types. We'll just have to wait and see!

Kevin is out of the state again training until the end of this week, so I've been staying overly busy. He left on Wednesday. Or maybe it was Thursday. I can't remember. For some reason it's very distracting when he leaves and so I get busy doing way more than I ever would if he was around. I think part of that is I try to involve him when he's home, so I go at a slower pace:) Anyway. This weekend I didn't want to just sit around doing nothing, and I didn't really feel like doing any sort of arts and crafts. I needed a break. So my brother and I packed the kids up and went back to Wilmington for the better half of yesterday. We checked out a couple of thrift stores (they were ok, but WAY over priced), and stopped at a Harris Teeter grocery store which is a grocery store like I'm used to! They had a great deli, so we grabbed some sandwiches and went to the park for a picnic. It was really nice. The kids love that park. When we were living down there in Wilmington waiting for the house to close we went there at least once or twice a week to let them play.


Annie was hilarious to watch. She'd introduce herself to everyone and say "Come on! Let's play!"


~~~This afternoon I'm going to pick up a Pack n Play crib from someone off of Lejeune Yard Sales. She said she only used it once, so that's pretty cool. I like things cheap and new:) I'm slowly adding to the little baby "supply". Nothing too crazy, though. Just the bare essentials. I'm sure more "stuff" will accumulate over time.

We're off to church soon, so I gotta get the kids going! Have a great week.

No comments: