Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday, and I'm tired.

No picture for coloring to share today, friends. I was in the process of drawing one, but I haven't gotten to finish it. Thankfully, too, the kids didn't need one to color during Mass as they were unusually well behaved and sat quietly throughout.

There could be a few reasons for that, though.

It was around 4 or 4:30am when Anthony woke up with the whopper of all nose bleeds. That little sucker didn't want to stop. And then it started up again later. It made quite the mess. And had him a bit freaked out as well. It looked like someone had splatter painted most of his room and the bathroom. And the carpet. The whole commotion had woken up Anneliese, and she cried for about an hour. Just because. I was up until about 7ish trying to get them both to calm down and go back to sleep for a little while. Then I slept for about half an hour before getting up again. Needless to say, we were all a bit tired by the time Mass rolled around at 10:30.

All is well now. I'm just tired.

My brother, who's staying with us, is planning a trip to Europe and needed to go out and get some things. So rather than driving all the way back home, we just went shopping directly after church. I hate shopping, but I've already shared that. More than that though, I hate shopping with the kids in tow. They are both wanting to go in different directions and show me E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G that they like. Towards the end I just grabbed them both and dragged them to the car. I'd rather be hot and sticky in the car, with them contained, than chase them around while the men take their merry time shopping for gadgets. :)

I know...I'm no fun!

But I just want to say...Thanks to whoever invented the slow-cooker because I really felt like we'd be eating leftovers or pizza again for dinner tonight.

Hopefully tonight everyone will sleep well because tomorrow is the first day of school. I think I'm more nervous than anyone else about it.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good weekend. I'll share some more of our adventures soon, I'm sure!
Photobucket

No comments: