Friday, August 22, 2008

All that takes place.

Do you ever have those moments when you are lost in thought or action and someone "sneaks" up on you and you jump about a foot in the air?

I've been noticing I've had quite a few of those lately!

Sometimes my thoughts revert back to thinking that Kevin is still gone. And then he shows up right behind me while I'm deep in thought on something and I almost have a heart attack. He's working still, but when he's home, sometimes, I peek around the corner just to see that he's there. Or, I wake up in the night when I roll over and come face to face with a big person! Silly me! I keep expecting it to be tiny feet, or a cute little butt. Nope, it's the husband!

I'm also finding myself having to be content with my place here at home. I love it anyway! But now that he is home, I am home with the kids without the car. No spontaneous trips to the library for us! No random adventures in playing in the kids place in the mall. I will be content with all that I have here-- two kiddies who keep me busy and a home that can use my love always to make my family feel welcome.

Over the last month or so I've been reading a book, (yes, it's taking me a long time to work my way through it), called Chosen and Cherished. Great book. In it the author, Kimberly Hahn, talks about Saint Josemaria Escriva who when asked by married persons about what their vocation is would answer similarly to this; " You have a divine vocation and it's name is: _(name of spouse)___". I just thought that was a beautiful way to describe a married persons vocation. Us military spouses have a very difficult calling to live months, and sometimes years, without our spouse by our side due to war, and duty stations abroad, etc. We are our spouses primary channel of grace. That's a big thing! But I'm aiming to do my best. Right now I'm being called to do my homemaking/childrearing as well as I can, and hopefully my husband will be blessed abundantly by my efforts.

Now if only I could get him to stop sneaking up on me! :)

~~~~

This afternoon we have orientation at Anthony's school. I have this huge knot in my stomach. I'm so nervous! My little man is going to school! I can't believe how the time has flown by. Wasn't he just a small little peanut the other day? He'll always be my baby, no matter how tall he gets!

Take care everyone.

Photobucket

No comments: