Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's Sunday again. Already.

Where does the time go. It's funny how it's just keeps going and going.

~~~

I'm thoroughly convinced that I had suffered the flu, along with a cold, alongside the medication I was on. Anneliese got whatever it was and was vomiting and had horrible diapers as well. Poor girl was just miserable. Thankfully she seems to be doing much better now, and is eating once again. Now Kevin is suffering some upper respiratory thing that has him coughing horribly. He seems to be getting past it though, so that is good. They've been keeping me occupied.
~~~

My brain is completely fried. It feels. I'm not retaining any information. Someone tells me something and 5 seconds later I'm thinking, "What did they just tell me?". Or I walk around wondering what it was I was walking so purposely in the direction of the garage for. I have no idea! I started dinner the other night and walked away completely forgetting that I was fixing dinner and walked back in a while later and saw it all sitting there waiting for me. Very bizarre. I'm becoming convinced that this is a huge process that will just take time to return things to a sense of normalcy.

~~~

I have no idea if this is related to anything that has been going on lately. Anthony all but seems to have lost his capability to communicate his wants and needs. He whispers. Or he just stands there blank faced. Or he cries silently and says nothing. It's become a huge guessing game, and it's driving Kevin crazy.

I felt horrible yesterday...We have a no-toys-outside rule now because they get lost or broken or stolen every single time they go outside. Well Anthony ignored the rule and took a new toy out and it got left at someones house. He came home crying because the other kid said that the toy wasn't at his house, even though Anthony left it there. When all was said and done, Kevin ended up shouting at him to get out of the house and not come back until he had the toy. Anthony cried more. The other kid ran home and told his mom that Anthony's dad had yelled at him. Anthony was petrified of having to go and ask for his toy back. I ended up having to go and get the toy and talk with Anthony once again about why daddy keeps yelling at him. Anthony is having communication problems. Kevin is obviously not having communication problems...but uh...he can yell pretty loud...and it scares the crap out of me even sometimes. I don't know how to get Anthony to understand that if he'd just speak up that he wouldn't get yelled at. And how to get Kevin to understand that he's just 5 years old and he's scaring the crap out of him....

~~~

My brother is coming down for Christmas. However he didn't arrive on the bus he was set to arrive on this morning at 5:45. We've lost my brother! I need to make some phone calls and see if I can find him.

Happy day.

1 comment:

Betty said...

I saw your blog name in my stats and thought I would come and visit. I want to send you hugs and prayers. I have been where you are my friend. You carry your child under your heart and when he is taken from you too soon, it leaves such a hollow empty feeling. There was a wonderful group called Share when my son died at 22 weeks gestation. I think of my little angel often, especially at Christmas. Please email me anytime if you need to talk to someone. Bless you and your family this Christmas.