Thursday, November 15, 2007

Meal planning for next week.

There are still a few days left in this week...but I thought it would be a good idea to have a plan ready for next week. I'm sure tomorrow or the next day the husband will come asking what's on the menu, and then we'll go shopping. It's good to be prepared. And it gives me time to adjust things if I need to.

Tonight we're having burritos with homemade refried beans and some shredded chicken. Tomorrow I'll use the remaining chicken from the freezer and make Chicken Pot Pie. Everyone loves that one. And then Shepard's Pie on Saturday.

I don't have anything planned for the Sunday so I might just add a few more meals to this menu that I have planned out.

Split Pea Soup and biscuits

Hamburger Helper Stroganoff and salad

Lemon Chicken pasta

Breakfast (either pancakes or Eggs and bacon and toast)

Homemade Pizza

Chicken and rice casserole w/ mixed veggies

Quiche w/ spinach and ham

With the ingredients we already have this menu should only really run us about $20-$30. I've had to convince Kevin that having Chicken Thighs, rather than Chicken Breasts, is still yummy and about half the price. He fought me on it, but I won. I've been craving fish lately, but alas it is outrageously priced at most places right now. Though I'm positive that Kevin wouldn't argue too much if I bought a huge fillet of salmon, I don't think I can justify to myself spending $17 on half of a very orange fish. Someday I'll get to renew my Costco card and then we'll go check it out there.

All this menu planning has made me realize two things...Life would be easier with a crockpot. And making a casserole would be easier with a casserole dish. *hint hint Christmas time lovers*

:)

No comments: