Monday, October 29, 2007

Crazy week ahead.

You know how it goes...You're already overdrawn, or have 3 cents in your account, and there is still a week left until payday. And the cupboards and fridge are almost empty. As well as the diaper bag having 3 left in it. (Maybe it's the right time to potty train?!)

Let's figure out what's for dinner for the next few days...

1)We have tuna in those pre-drained packages...
Tuna-left-over-Mac-n-Cheese- and- broccoli bake

2) A bag of beans and a block of cheese from WIC
Home made bean and cheese burritos and rice mixed with the last of the salsa

3) We have 3 cans of Corn and a few strips of bacon...
Corn chowder and homemade biscuits

4) There is a bell pepper and carrots in the drawer...
Some sort of stir fry maybe...

By the time day 4 comes and goes we should have gotten paid (fingers crossed) and we can head to the store to shop. Speaking of shopping and blogging...I ran across this blog the other day where the author aims to spend only $35 a week on groceries to make meals from what she has only adding necessities as they are needed. How awesome is that?! But then I was thinking back to last week...or maybe it was the week before, I can't recall. We bought meals for 13 days and spent only $65. That is pretty awesome. The $35 blogger was only planning meals for 2 though...so that might be easier than doing it for 4, with unpredictable children thrown in there for good measure.
~~~
So I've gone on being annoyed by my current lack of fitting pants. I tried the whole maternity pants thing..but there are a few problems. With my last pregnancy I was at least 20 lbs heavier to start out, so the clothes got bought bigger and don't fit now. The second problem is, I'm not REALLY showing enough to warrant wearing them...but enough to look a little round around the middle. In actuality the maternity pants just fall right off me, so I tried pinning them everywhere but it just looks silly with all that fabric bunched up. And then this morning I accidentally stumbled upon this tutorial while blog surfing and I'm thrilled! Though I sort of mourn the fact that I'll be chopping up my favorite jeans to make it work...BUT since I probably will never fit in them the same way again I'll get over it and be glad that at least it won't be elastic and I'll get to wear them later on without having to worry about zipping them up over the baby pooch.
So I'll get right on that after I finish the project I've been trying to finish for ages now for my friend...(I promise I'll get it done Deena!)
~~~
Anthony's birthday is next month. He keeps telling me he wants a strawberry cake. Strawberries aren't exactly in season any more. That coupled with the fact that as a baby he had an unsavory reaction to them sort of makes me not want to make a strawberry cake. But I was thinking I could make him a cake that LOOKS like a strawberry...But wouldn't that be too girly? I was thinking instead that I would make him something like this....

No comments: