Saturday, January 06, 2007

A fun little list.

Something for the new year.

http://www.kerismith.com/funstuff/100ideas.htm

This is a lovely little list of things to do. In no particular order, I've decided to do one each day. We'll see where it goes. I know I say I'll do lots of things, but I get caught up with the kids and other things and forget, or don't have time, or energy, etc. I'll make the effort, though.

Would anyone like to join me?

67. Record descriptions or definitions of subjects or words you are interested in, found in encyclopedias or dictionaries.

I've been reading this essay and found some words in it that I actually didn't really know the meaning of. Here they are--

Nihilism: existence is sensless, useless.
Datum: something given as a basis for reasoning or inference.

Bulwark: a strong support or protection.

Bet you can't use those in a sentence together! Let me try...


George's datum for existence was that nihilism has a strong bulwark in society in general as of the latter part of the 20th century.


What the heck does that mean?

~~~

Some pictures from yesterday.


Do you see the little birdie?
~~~




No comments: