Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday.

And a "Sun" day it is. No clouds in the sky again today. They were predicting quite a bad storm just a few days ago, and all we've had is blue skies and sun. It's lovely!

~~~
52. Record all of the sounds you hear in the course of one hour.

giggles
screams
remote controlled airplane gun fire
little feet pattering on the wood floor
humming computer
clicking keys
finches singing outside
the tick-tock of a clock
funny little characters singing from LeapFrog
the rumble of the washing machine
ringing phone
squeal of the shower pipes
refrigerator humming
an old truck driving by
neighbors dog barking
tapping slippers
crinkling plastic bag
baby crying in frustration
plastic sword clashing against wood door
dog moaning
~~~

I finally broke down and gave in to giving Anneliese a bottle with water in it. She drinks just fine from a cup, but she needs to suck and frankly I'm really tired of all the nawing that I've been getting. I'm bruised and scabbed, and just tired! Anyway, she seems to be ok with it. She can even hold it herself. I need to do some reading up on weaning. Anthony wasn't nearly this bad. He'd get a tap on the nose for biting and then stop. She, on the other hand, clenches her jaw with a very snotty look. Screaming ensues. And it's not from her.

She's also waking all through the night. By the time morning comes I feel even more exhausted than when I went to bed. Any tips would be gratefuly accepted.
~~~

Anthony has had major attitude since Kevin left. I'm just about at my wits end. If he's not being totally contrary, he's bossing everyone around and acting spoiled.
He threw a fit in the car yesterday because he wanted to stay at the movie store. So, I drove him over to church, sat him in a pew and gave him a talking to about why God wants us to try to control ourselves even when we don't feel like it. And then made him sit there and think about it and ask God for help. *OHMYGOSHIAMTURNINGINTOMYMOTHER* He got the point. For a few minutes anyway. I just don't know what to do with him. Where the heck is my manual???

Last week, he called me "stupid mamma" when he didn't get his way about something. He's four years old. Is this normal?!?! I know we all screw our kids up somehow, but I'm wondering if I did something way off at some point.

Most mom's probably ask themselves that.

~~~~
Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

2 comments:

Susan said...

He's testing his boundries. Actually, sounds like they both are. You haven't done anything wrong, they are just being little. Good luck, though. I understound just how tiring it can be.

Celeste said...

<---*exhausted* !!!