Friday, November 17, 2006

Sew much to do!


I've been sewing my ears off. Projects keep coming to me in the middle of the night, and I can't do anything about them because I'd end up waking the kids with the lights and sewing machine. So the day is busy, busy, busy.
Luckily, the kids have been keeping busy themselves, (mashing potato chips into the carpet and "parachuting" off the back of the couch), so I've had a few minutes here and there to actually accomplish some things. (Sorry for the crummy picture. I was holding the baby and photographing.) It's very exciting. I just have to figure out where I'm going with all this. Crafting was not a direction I saw myself going. It will be interesting to see what happens.
~~~
We've had quite the adventure going on here in the house the last week or so. The house is old. Actually it was a cabin to start, and then Jack, Pete, Bob, Joe, George and any other number of people added onto it in their own halve-hazard way to expand it into what it is today: a big rickety house with lots of potential, in need of lots of help. The lastest adventure that we've been forced to endure is the failing electricals. Translation: we spend vast amounts of time in darkness and cold because the power decides to short out at any given time. You learn your way with a flashlight though. (Did you know that if you point it at the ceiling you can light up a room fairly well?)
I'm not sure what is going to happen with it...but if something doesn't happen soon, we'll be completely without.
~~~
Spoke with the husband. That made my day. He's hinting at a suprise for me for Christmas. He refused to deliver a hint. What's up with that?! :) I suppose it wouldn't be a suprise then. I'm pretty excited about his present. I just have to get moving on it so it will be done and ready to send off to him in a reasonable amount of time.
~~~



No comments: