Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sleep...where hast thou gone?


The kids are keeping me awake almost all night, every night. No wonder I zone out so much. When Anneliese isn't whinning to nurse, Anthony is whinning to snuggle. But he doesn't just snuggle--he wants to sleep ON TOP of me. Not next to me. ON TOP. Annoying to say the least. Anneliese is all about biting me too. And if she sees Anthony trying to snuggle she pulls his hair.

These things were not in the instruction manual.

So after I'm awake at 3 in the morning it's hard to go back to sleep. I lay there thinking about Kevin. What's he doing? Is he busy yelling at some dumb PFC, or busy pissing off some StfSrgt. There are a ton of things to think about if we are moving. (Yeah, I still don't believe it's going to happen. Pessamist.) My mom is being anal about everything. And, I think perhaps, angry at me for leaving her alone with my dad and brothers. Every weekend some dumb thing comes up and she wants to argue with me. I never signed up for staying home forever and taking care of everyone. They'll just have to find a new maid and cook. And argument solver, and calmer of the seas. I'm just tired of it all. If I could, I'd hightail it out of here faster than you can blink. I'm just so sick of the BS.

Needless to say these things keep me awake if the kids don't. Who needs sleep anyway.
I did find a trick for getting them to sleep. Say the Rosary. I started about two weeks ago, when it is time for bed we sit down on the bed and I pray the rosary. Ten minutes and they are zonked out. It's awesome. If only they would stay asleep! I can't pray the rosary all night...

Someone told me I should try melatonin for the kids. But I've heard that stuff can leave you with a hangover. I don't want them with a hangover. I've done Chamomille and that works great to get them to sleep too, but again, they just wake up late in the night. I need to read my Wise Woman book again because I remember there being something in there that puts you to sleep for a good 12 hours. I'll have to find out what it is.

No comments: