Thursday, October 05, 2006

Feeling others pain...


Ok, granted my husband isn't in the sandbox yet perhaps I can't totally know what it's like for other wives. But I sort of understand being that Kevin has been gone for so long. It's already been 8 months since he was last home(for two weeks). Before that it was 9 months(for 22 days I think).

Anyway...I've been reading other wives blogs and how they are having problems with they're Family Readiness Groups. That's interesting because the Key Vol. for ANGLICO...yeah I have heard from her maybe twice. In two years. No love lost there I can assure you. She did email me a calendar of what was supposed to go on, so I can sort keep up with what they are doing. But I depend mostly on Kevin for info about when and where they are coming and going from. I'm not much of a groupie anyway. I probably wouldn't even go to meetings unless someone physically dragged me to one. Or unless they had some info about when they were going to send my husband home.

By the way...I think Kevin is going to extend in Japan. He just keeps talking like he is, so I think he's already made up his mind. The other day he was talking about how I'll have to take care of the bills while he is gone. Well I already do that, but he meant his bills from Oki. So yeah...
So he'll be going to Iraq the beginning of next year....I sort of thought he was looking forward to coming back state-side and being able to do whatever he wanted, basically whenever he wanted. Who knows. Maybe he'll suprise me and swing back the other way, and come back home. That's my preference, but what I want doesn't really seem to count from what I've seen so far. Nothing new there!
~~~

Yesterday after Peter cooked the phone in the microwave I had to go and buy a new one. It's pretty nice. It's was $60 at Walmart. I know they aren't the greatest when it comes to electronics but I didn't want to spend $100 for the same thing or less at BestBuy. It'll do for now.
The message I put on the answering machine is pretty funny..."Hi you've reached ***-****. Our answering machine is broken because someone stuck it in the microwave. So this is the refrigerator. If you'd like to leave a message, I'd be happy to use one of these magnets and stick it to myself so someone will see it. Thanks!"

I have a weird sense of humor.

No comments: