Friday, September 15, 2006

Not too exciting...but busy just the same.


It amazes me how busy you can be when you find stuff to do.

I'm working on building Anthony a little kitchen for his birthday. It's coming along slowly. I have the base and the countertop built. I just have to connect them together. I'm not much of a carpenter so I'm having to research how to build stuff. It's been interesting. I'm learning as I go.
Anthony is really excited and keeps asking if it's done yet. It's cute that he's so excited, but the constant questions are driving me nuts. "Is it done yet? Can I play in my kitchen? Where's my kitchen?" I've been keeing him busy with "school work". I bought him a DK Math workbook. He's not too great with the hand-eye coordination yet when it comes to writing letters and numbers, but he's learning to count and having fun coloring pictures. And it keeps him distracted while I am working on his kitchen.

Anneliese is over her non-sleeping phase. She slept until 11 this morning. I was pretty suprised that she didn't wake up even with Anthony bouncing around on the bed and pretending to be a horse. He can be pretty damn loud. But she slept like a log, and was even snoring. You never know, though. This could just be a phase as well.
~~~
I ordered the first lesson from Herbal Healer Herbology course. (Thanks for showing me that sight Susan!) We'll see how it goes. Right now I'm thinking I'll have to study at night when the kids are sleeping.
~~~
The garden outside is coming along as well. The work is HARD and slow. It's literally a jungle out there. I worked two hours one day and cleared a space 2ft by 3ft. It looked like some big animal had come and lay in that spot rather than looking like it was being cleared. It's a little frustrating. Almost enough to discourage me from going on...But I feel like I never finish anything, so I'm not going to give up. Even if the garden happens to end up being 2 ft by 3ft. Big enough to grow a carrot of two.
~~~
Last night I gave Anthony a hair cut. It was the fist time ever that he didn't scream and cry the whole time that it hurt. It looks good too. The resemblance to Kevin is almost eery. I woke up this morning and it was looking into Kevin's face. So bizarre.

~~~

Yesterday on our way home from running errands in town we stopped at the Church for about 20 minutes. It was nice to have some quiet time. We were alone so I just set Anneliese down on the floor to crawl around, and let Anthony sit at the organ and push on the foot petals.

Sundays are kind of crazy. We go to Mass, and it's like I'm just there making sure my kids are not driving everyone nuts. Most of the time I don't even know what the readings were, or what the homily was about. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to go since I don't get to pay attention. But I always feel better afterwards, even if I don't know what was going on. It's like my little refresher for the week.

I think perhaps that is His plan. He knows what's up with my kids, and knows that I'd probably loose my mind if I didn't get some kind of refresher at some point in the week. Most of my prayers are pretty desperate sounding too. Like "God, you know what's going on so you better do something so I don't go nuts!" And then something will happen like Anneliese sleeping through the night, and I'll be thinking that maybe I should say some more desperate sounding prayers because He really IS listening.

~~~
Speaking of praying...my Grandmother is going to be going in to the doctor about some spots on her face. She has had skin cancer removed before from her face. We're praying it hasn't come back...but it is looking like it may have. Keep her in your prayers.

2 comments:

Susan said...

No problem. When my first lesson came in the mail, I was a little disappointed. After I ordered them all, I felt much better. I have a textbook. All you'll get with that first lesson is a small chapter! Have fun! The first few lessons aren't that bad, and you'll learn some cool stuff right away! Good luck!!!

Celeste said...

I got my first lesson yesterday!

And finished it last night. Pretty interesting stuff. I thought there would be a little more to start off with but that's ok. It's enough to make me want to read more, so I guess that's good:)