Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Kids Clothes


Yesterday I went to find Anneliese a sun hat. For some reason I haven't been able to find one that would fit her. They're either way to big or infant size. She's like in between. So I ended up at Cupcake
I love that store. It's way too expensive, but the clothes are cute and last forever. Here's Anneliese in her new hat.

The one I wanted had stripes, but they didn't have her size. Of course.

Another of my favorite kids clothes places is hannaAnersson.
Cute clothes, but again, kind of expensive. The kids store where I got my Moby carrier, they have really great stuff. I think it's called Wee Three or something like that. Doesn't it figure that the stuff I like is way over-priced. Seems like it's always that way. The thing is...I like the stuff way before I ever see the price. It makes me just want to make all our clothes. Cupcake had these cute little leather booties...that were like $30. I love my daughter, but she doesn't even walk yet, so why would I spend that much on shoes she'll grow out of in a few months. Those things are for those yuppies that live up on the hill and buy their 5 years old cells phones. Not kidding.
A couple weeks ago I bought a yard of this fabric that is lavendar with lime green spots. I thought I could make something cute out of it for the baby. My mom saw it and said "That is the ugliest fabric I've seen in a long time." LOL But then she hates purple of any sort. I'm still trying to decided what to make out of it. I got some green ribbon to accent it some how...I'm still looking for ideas.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Joann fabric has some really cute (and mostly on sale) patterns for sunhats for babies. I made my middle child about a thousand of them. But I'm a freak that way. lol

Celeste said...

lol
sounds like me with dresses for her. i finally got a girl and now i can't stop sewing. she has more clothes than she'll ever wear! i could open a store.