Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Rambling...


So I've decided to enter some of my photograhps in the fair. I'm in the "deciding" phase. I'm trying to decide which ones to enter. I can do one black and white, and one color. I've got like 12 to choose from and I'm kind of stumped. I'll be putting them up on my photography blog... (there's not much there now...but there will be). If anyone cares to, you can take a look and let me know your opinion on which ones to enter, or just tell me which ones you like!

I haven't done much picture taking lately. I've been so busy with the house and kids...I'm even behind on posting pictures for Kevin on the kids blog. (Sorry hun.) I'm not planning on going anywhere today, so maybe we'll go for a walk and take some pictures.

~~~

The brake light in the car didn't go on yesterday. I was going to call today to set up an appointment to have it checked out...but now I'm wondering if I should bother. I'm thinking that it might not have gone on yesterday because it was already like 75 outside when I turned it on. Every other time I've started the car it's been early in the morning and still a little chilly out. Who knows. I'll wait till tomorrow and see if it goes on again.

~~~

Since dad has pretty much been moved downstairs I've had this goal of cleaning out the cupboards and fridge. I'm doing pretty good. I've been trying to buy as little as possible also because of the damn rats. Everyone is so careless, food ends up on the floor of the pantry and everywhere in the kitchen. It's no wonder there are rats. We've been feeding them! Anyway, we got those ultra-sonic electric things you plug in and I cleaned up the pantry...I haven't seen any droppings or heard any crawling in the walls, so I'm hoping they're going away. I'm happy to be seeing less "crap" food in the fridge and pantry too. Things I would never buy just because they are cheap or discounted-- chips, dips, packaged food, stuff from holidays long past. Some nasty stuff! He took it all down to his cupboards. The fridge is nice and empty! We can start over clean and healthy.

~~~

Dad's phone finally got hooked up. It took three guys from the phone company coming out all week to get it running. You'd think they knew their stuff better! We found out that they gave dad the wrong phone number. It was to some house up the road. Duh. Anyway, the phone is finally up and running, so less phone answering for me! The collection agencies were calling multiple times a day, starting at like 7 in the morning. So annoying. Some of them have this automated thing that tells you to "please hold for the next available operator". Whatever. As soon as I heard that I just hung up. They always called back with a real person 10 minutes later. Now I can hear his phone ringing (very annoying ring too!) all day long.

~~~

No comments: