Monday, May 08, 2006
For Obsessive Package Senders
1. I will not order anymore boxes from the 800 number until I use the
100 I already have.
2. I will not search for "heavy" snacks just so I can grin at the
postal worker when my flat-rate box would cost $30 to ship if not for
the flate rate!
3. I will not spend hours seeking new and different "things" to send
4. I will not send more than 2 care packages a week.
5. I will not order another 10 pair of Covert socks until the Thorlo
socks are all sent.
6. I will not seek other support groups that offer to send our
Marines care packages, just because they want to show support.
7. I will not look forward to, and enjoy immensely, stuffing boxes
until there is not a single inch of space inside...no wiggle room.
8. I will not fill out another custom's form.
9. I will not spend my entire lunch hour waiting in the post office
line to send our Marines snacks and socks.
10. I will not solicit mail from our local schools to send to our guys.
For me it would be:
1. I will not put any more sweets into my packages
2. I will not rag on the postal worker about how the package is supposed to be sent just because I already know and they are taking too long.
3. I will not cut off the postal worker when they tell me that my package cannot be sent priority.
4. I will stop making lists of things to pack for him when he is in Iraq.
5. See above rules!