Tuesday, November 09, 2010

A little bit of this and that.

The kids are getting sick. I think it might be rubbing off on me because I'm feeling out of sorts lately. That, and you know how when you have a lot on your mind...it becomes hard to concentrate on one particular thing and then follow through with it all the way to the end. I was in the studio last night finishing up a diaper I had started, and as soon as I was done I just wanted out of there. There are a ton of things I could or should be working on, but I just don't feel like it. Perhaps it's the whole being-indoors-with-no-natural-light that is getting to me as well. Our front porch blocks a lot of light that would otherwise come in the front room. It makes for dark days, especially now that it's cooling off.

Today is fairly nice out. It's about 70 with a nice light breeze. I cleaned up the back porch enough that I can let the baby play and chase the bunny around while I sit in the sunshine and browse the internet for Christmas ideas.

A friend was nice enough to give us a gift card to Toys R Us for the kids, but I'm looking for some handmade ideas as well. Extended family and a few friends will be getting homemade/handmade items. I was trying out a recipe for a sugar scrub today. It's quite lovely, if I do say so myself. I might just have to keep it for myself and make more! I also found a tutorial for how to etch glass using a Dremel, which is AWESOME because my brother gave me a Dremel and I'm dying to use it more. It's a handy little tool. I'm all about tools. This jar turned out pretty neat. But I think that the picture is too big for the jar. It needs to be smaller, but it was a good trial run!

No comments: