Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Swine Flu

This morning as I drove home from dropping Kevin at work I was listening to the news on the radio. There are a couple of confirmed cases of swine flu here in town, specifically at Cherry Point. This makes me nervous...People from Cherry Point go to LeJeune for medical treatment. We're heading there this afternoon for Anthony's dental appointment. (I'll be bringing GermX and my handkerchief since I don't have a mask.) Sadly one of the people who got the swine flu is a Marine who just returned to town from NY and passed the virus on to their child. They closed that childs school.

Update:
We just got home. They pulled his two worst teeth right on the spot. The abscessed one was bad enough that the dentist was upset that the other two didn't already do something for him about it. Needless to say he was traumatized, mostly from fear...and then the pain. The painkiller wasn't able to help much with the pain since the infection was so bad. Poor guy is actually feeling much better now that he has calmed down. He's scheduled for surgery next month to take care of the visual side of things...crowns, fillings, spacers etc. For now he's good.

1 comment:

Susy said...

I'm sure you'll be okay. Get that little one of yours seen either way, though. Having an abscess is nothing to play with. What in the world was that dentist going to do for $8000? That seems rather excessive to me.