Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 4 Cross Country- Texas for a break.

We came into Texas last night just before midnight, local time. I'm still stuck in California time!

I'd post a couple of pictures, but I don't know what I did with my card reader. Hopefully it's somewhere on the truck. So far we've not seen much except desert, tumble-weeds and lots of rocky hills. Boring. Especially for three straight days of driving for about 10 hours a day. Arizona and New Mexico look pretty much the same. Desert. Dust. A few hills sprinkled here and there. The route we've been on hasn't allowed much for side trips. Everything worth seeing is hours out of the way. I've been sick since the day before we left, so I'm running low on energy and interest in anything other than "are we there yet?!?!?!?".

The kids have been great. They are both tired of being in the car, but that is to be expected. Anneliese has been riding with me in the car watching Pinocchio about 50 times a day. I haven't complained because she's been so good. We had one incidence of car sickness, other than that it's been smooth sailing with her. And Anthony has been doing well with Kevin in the truck. I'll happily put up with being sick so long as the kids are doing well. When they are miserable, everyone is miserable.

We're going to stay here with Kevin's mom for a couple of days to recoup and then head out again early Thursday morning.

I'll update again in a couple of days, maybe with a few pictures!

Take care all.

No comments: