Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Making the weather useful...

With it being so rainy and dreary out, Kevin has needed the car to get to work. So me and the kids are having to find things to do indoors and that don't require going anywhere. And that keep them from killing one another. Anthony bugged and bugged, and cried and cried yesterday about being bored so I finally let him go outside. (It was the alternative to shoving a sock in his mouth.) It wasn't raining, but it was really windy. Well, what do you know....He came in from outside yesterday and slept for about 5 hours straight. Not a good sign. Not sick enough to miss school though. Now he knows the reason why we tell him to stay indoors. You would get the feeling by listening to him when he is whining that we are just trying to torture him with making him stay inside.

That, and the fact that I'm sick myself doesn't make it easier on anyone. I would love to sleep for 5 hours straight and not have to worry about anything. Ah, to be 6 years old again.

Amidst the dreariness, I went fishing around for something to do. I decided on working on a half finished project from early summer. It's interesting to see how projects turn out. This is especially true when I have this picture in my mind of how I want something to be....but inevitably it doesn't turn out that way. That's not to say it's a bad thing for something to turn out different, but it's frustrating to a certain degree. I'm having to make peace with my inability to live up to my own expectations, and accept "less than satisfactory" (to me) as still pretty good. I guess it's one more lesson in humility!

(Will this lesson ever be over?!)

No comments: