Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday! Ahhhhhhhhh.

Relax! It's Sunday again.
Or maybe you're stressed about the upcoming week. If you are I hope it's peaceful for you.
~~~
This Sunday we're reading about the miracle of Jesus feeding the five thousand with loaves and fishes.

I like this story because some things that happen in my life are sort of like this story. My life is tiny, but He still has cared for me. And my family. I was thinking back over how God has provided for us when we really needed help. For example, when we first moved here to Camp Pendleton and we were so so poor. We didn't know how we would survive, how we would eat, how we would pay the car payment. But somehow everything worked out just fine. That's not to say that we didn't stress and worry. I think we did that everyday. But we're told not to worry. I did a whole lot of praying, and somehow we always had what we needed. And then some. We might not have had the most perfect, or the most beautiful things, or the most delicious food. But when it came down to it, we had exactly what we needed with a little left over.

In the story, the disciples worried about how to feed so many people. But Jesus took what he had (five loaves and two fishes), thanked God (don't forget to do that even when you think there isn't enough!), and fed everyone. With some left over. Isn't our God a caring Father? :)

I also found this great quote in the Faith Connections flier this week that I thought I'd spend time reflecting on this week.

"Find out how much God has given you, and from it take what you need; the remainder which you do not require is needed by others...Those who retain what is superfluous possess the goods of others." St. Augustine of Hippo

~~~

This week I couldn't find a picture that I liked for the kids to color so I drew one up. Please feel free to print it for your own children. But no copying please! This is for personal use in your home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you; God bless!