Friday, February 15, 2008

Little things noticed.

Anthony needs a big boy bed. His little feet hang over the bottom of the toddler bed. Poor little toes. I've been searching on Craigs List for a bunkbed set, but haven't come across anything I'm willing to pay for. I'd have to rent a truck too, so I might as well get something good, right? Maybe going new is the way to go...

~~~

My mom and two of my brothers are here with us now. Thats a lot of people. I was used to the quiet with just the two kids. I moved the kids into my craft room because it's bigger, so that my brother could have the other room. Lots of changes that have made the kids feel out of whack I think. They're having to get used to all these other people around again. It's amazing what 8 months can make in the life of small children. It's like a lifetime of change in just under a year.

My mom and I have been out searching for a job for her. I took her around the base to see what there is and what kind of places she could work at. We'll see what happens. Pray that she can find something that will suit her needs quickly.

~~~

I've been planting in my containers that I've collected over the last few months. It's quite satisfying. I'm hoping I can keep them alive...It's neat the watch them grow. I planted bulbs out in my front yard and it's so amazing to see them poking their little green sprouts out from under the sandy soil.

~~~
I've been doing a lot of rearrangement of furniture and decor around the house since Kevin has been gone. I've been trying to make it more....homey. Less..."used". I had snagged this changing table back in my 4 th month of pregnancy and since it won't be getting used, it just started to collect laundry in the laundry room. Not so useful.
So as I was browsing through one of my many magazines I notice that a lady had taken an old vintage changing table much like mine and transformed it into a wet bar. Ta-da! Useful, cute and not covered in laundry. How great is that? Now I just need someone to come over and have a drink with me!

~~~

I picked up this table cloth a while back.
Ever since then I've been moving it around the house trying to figure out what I want to do with it. Leave it as a table cloth? Make it into something else? Save it for a special something? I'm stumped. I love the patterns on it. I just can't figure out what to do with it. I moved it once again. Maybe something will come to me.

~~~
I get to go to my "spa treatment" this coming week, where in I will get to have my hair done. I'm thinking along these lines....
Ya know...easy care. Will grow out fairly cute. And if I don't like it, it will still be long enough to do something else with. Wish me luck with that!

No comments: