Monday, August 13, 2007

Good Monday, everyone.


I hope everyone had a good weekend. We spent ours at home with the kids, doing things around here, because Anthony has had a fever on and off since Saturday. Thankfully it is down now, and he seems to be doing better.

~~~
While Anthony rested and Anneliese and Kevin watched movies, I busied myself with making some dresses. I figured that since it is summer, (almost over!), I should have some summer dresses.

The second dress is made of an old vintage table cloth that I bought a while back and have never used because it was too small for our table. And up until now I couldn't think of what I could do with it. I love the pattern. It's actually a Simplicity pattern that I altered a little bit. Fun, and easy, and cute. I see more in the future.

~~~
I woke this morning and got up with Kevin after having not done this for a few weeks. My cousin loaned us one of their vehicles (thank you SO much!) and so waking before the
sun was up was not really something that needed to be done since I have this other vehicle to use. But I miss seeing my husband in the morning. He leaves usually between 5:30 and 6am, and sometimes isn't home until after 6 in the evening. That's a long day, and we're always tired at the end. It's nice to see him before the tired overtakes everything.

I like waking up early for a couple of reasons...
1) You have more hours to do things with.
2) You get to see the sun come up.

3) You catch the newspaper before it lands in the soggy, moist grass.
4) You get to see really cool shadows when the sun shines in your windows.

I love the morning.
Now if only I could get my children to as well.
~~~

I've been looking into some sort of religious education for Anthony. We were looking at the Catechism Classes through the Parish, but frankly we just can't afford it right now. So the alternative has been to look through the books I have, which are all very thorough, but just a little too mature for someone 4 1/2 yrs old. There was one curriculum that I really like called Catholic Mosaic that seems pretty good that I'm going to try. I'll update on what I think when it arrives. I've read really good reviews so I'm hoping for the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy morning! Cute dresses! You're so talented! I wish I would have learned to sew, but never got the chance. Good luck with the religous ed. I didn't know that parishes make you pay for CCD.