Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Anthony relapsed,daily reading, garage sale fun.

I thought Anthony was over his "sick stuff". He seemed much much better Sunday and Monday morning. But after going outside and playing with some friends for a bit, he came back saying "I'm sick and tired. " And he was. His temp was back up to 100.7F and he ended up going to bed pretty early. Kevin ended up calling home to tell me that a bunch of people from work were having the same sypmtoms, and some of their children as well. It looks like it's going around. It's icky stuff.

~~~



A while back I started reading the Bible daily. I have to be honest, I wasn't doing it because we are supposed to, or because I was interested in what it was saying. Frankly, I don't even remember what I read that first day. I started reading in a moment of feeling desperate and frustrated with life and I couldn't think of what else to do with my need to "do something about it". Over time, though, my feelings about it have changed and I started reading because I wanted to and because I was actually starting to get something out of it. As "Holy Roller" as it sounds, I was actually being comforted and learning about how God was/is working in my life. I'm thankful that I started in that moment of desperation because over time I got what I needed out of it. And it's helping me to deal with my daily stuff. God does see what's going on. He cares. It's nice to be reminded.

Anyway, I decided that along with reading through the bible all in a year, it would
be nice to read the daily Mass readings so I got the following books. It's a little late in the year to start, but at $2 a piece for the books, it was worth it. Go to this site to find them. You can also read them online, but it's handier for me to actually have the books so I can pick them up and read when I get a free moment.
~~~


Saturday I'm having a garage sale. The following is just some of what is hopefully going to get out of our possession...
I'm hoping to clean out the garage! It's just a huge mess.
~~~

And I'll leave you with this cute picture.



No comments: