Thursday, July 19, 2007

Not so sleepy....

It's interesting how I go from being extremely tired during the day to not being able to sleep at night. Very odd.

Anyway...I'm awake! And I thought I would share some pictures.

We had guests on Sunday, my cousin and her family. We had a good time!




Anneliese and Luke-Xavier are only a couple of months apart.


And the same with Max and Anthony. They are very close in age as well.


I made Anthony a pair of slippers after I was harassed much. He wanted to wear them to bed. They had to be Transformer slippers too.
We also had guests on Tuesday.


Kateri and Joseph are like family. Our families have known one another for about ...well I think I was 11 or 12 and I'm 28 now....so a long time. You do the math. Could be longer. I don't remember.
Jo is Anthony's Godfather.

It's always funny when I spend time with Jo and Kateri and their siblings because I used to baby sit them...and now they are all about a foot taller and at least 30 lbs heavier than me. At least two of them are over 6 ft. Crazy what time and fertilizer will do. Great, great people. Lots of fun to be around. I miss hanging out at their mom's farm and checking out the animals.
~~~
Kevin has been going over and over the choices that are available to him with regards to deploying to Iraq, reenlisting, changing jobs, going to Recon, going back to ANGLICO, etc. After a while I get a headache. It all just stresses me out. Trying to keep up with his ideas and his train of thought is just exhausting sometimes:) A few weeks ago I finally just told him to do whatever makes him happy. Which I am completely ok with, as long as he lets me know what the final decision is. As some people that know my husband will know, that in and of itself is just like trying to plan your plans around what the Marine Corps plans. Nothing is ever official, as they say, until it has officially happened. I try to let things just come as they may...but I'm still fighting the control freak within. Sometimes I walk around thinking "I need to be able to make plans that involve more than just tomorrow!" Thank goodness I'm so easy going...
~~~

You know it had to happen.....Today I yelled at the neighborhood kids. I am so hating that because now I'm going to end up being "the mean lady on the corner". It's just not cool, though, to witness three or four boys being chased across your front lawn by three or four girls (girls are SO MEAN!) with handfuls of dirt flying in your son and friends direction. Of course the leader of the pack ran off when I started giving it to them. At least the others got an ear full and know now not to mess around. At least where I can see it. Yesterday it was two boys with the water meter cover in the back, on the other side of the fence. There are black widows in it. (I should call and have maintenance do something about it, I just haven't gotten around to it. ) They were prodding at them with sticks and such when I saw them through the fence and yelled at them (accidentally because I was scared they'd get bit!) to get away from there and not to touch it!

For some reason everything naughty seems to happen in front of or in back of my house. Now I'm wishing we were in the middle of the block where no one would bother us. That sounds so anti-social.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think it's the stigma of the corner house. We had that at Carson, and I yelled a lot at kids screwing around. I so understand your issues with the DH and plans. I figure that he's doing the job, so do what makes him happy. Works for us, less stress for me. Hopefully that will be the case with you. Remember to take some me time in the evening. It helps with the sleep thing.