Thursday, June 14, 2007

One of those days.

Today was me and the kids day to do adventures with out play group. We didn't make it to any of the things planned today.

This morning we were supposed to go for a stroll on the beach and get a nice little work out with some other moms and kids. Didn't happen. My baby boy is having a rough time of it lately.
We had to get up and take Kevin to work this morning, and little boy was not happy with the pants I chose for him to wear in the car. We've been having lots of accidents in the night, so he was just in his undies. Anyway, Kevin ended up being late, and Anthony ended up continuing the Adventures of Unhappy Man for the rest of the day.

The melt down came when we were at the library getting ready for story time. I won't go into details of what happened, but it ended with me dragging him a block and a half to the car and doing all kinds of gymnastics to get him settled and buckled.

Of course when one child is sad the other has to join in.

I think that most of the time she is just reprimanding him for crying, etc. She gets very intense with her "words".

That picture, by the way, is from yesterday after we got home from the pool. The kids had a blast, but we had to leave after about half an hour because the fog started to roll in and it got windy.

At any rate....Today was focused solely on the kids. I got absolutely nothing done. The dishes were even still sitting in the sink when we brought Kevin home from work. We did accomplish getting a Library Card before the "incident" though, so that's good.

I'm hoping that after I get the kids in bed I can get back to working on this quilt for my friend Deena. She wanted a cowboy theme, so I hope this lives up to her expectations!

Once I'm a bit farther along with it I'll share with the group:)


No comments: