Sunday, January 21, 2007

Military Wife.

Borrowed from Sue's blog!

And You Thought You Were A Civilian


Author Unknown

And you thought you were a civilian......

When Dad's away, Mom's the Commanding Officer

When Dad's home, Mom's the Executive Officer,
coordinating and executing actions for the Command
Team

Keeping track of the kids, she's the S-1

Collecting the neighborhood news, and relaying it to
Dad, she's the S-2

Making plans for the entire family and training the
kids, she's the S-3

Stocking food and supplies for the family, she's the
S-4

She answers all the family correspondence and makes
appointments for Dad, that makes her the Adjutant.

Worrying about the family budget makes her the
Comptroller

Paying the bills, and accounting to Dad for the
paychecks makes her Disbursing

Looking for a new place to live when we move, she's
like Billeting

Assigning us chores to do, getting us fed, bathed, and
put to bed, she's our First Sergeant.

Serving the food and doing dishes, she's the Mess
Hall.

Carrying small children, she's ammunition handler.

Driving the family to all our appointments, she's the
duty driver

Looking like a queen when she goes out with Dad, she's
a Military Man's Lady.

Gosh, Mom's the whole darn Military.
~~~~
Gotta love that.
~~~
Has this ever happened to you? Or something like it...

I asked Anthony to throw away a diaper for me so I could nurse the baby. He's says "Ok!" And runs out of the room. A few hours later, (after I've fallen asleep for a couple hours!), I go into the kitchen to get a glass of water and I see the whole bag of diapers-- the clean onese!-- in the garbage can.

I guess he was being thorough.
~~~
The man of the house,(theoretically speaking), called last night and was sad because nothing has happened with his extension still. And from the way people are talking it's not happening. Meaning, we're going to NC. I'm happy because I get my husband. But he was not so happy because he really wanted it, and to be going with his unit to the sandbox rather than later on with people he doesn't know. I told him that we need him too, and he was very enthusiatic about that as well. But...I don't know...Sometimes I just feel like I'm the mistress rather than the wife. Sort of like I get him when he's not busy at home. It really rather stinks big time. I hope someday it changes. Is this normal? You know what...I don't even care. I just want it to not feel this way.
~~~


No comments: