Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Too much shopping.

Someone take away my visa card.

I'm spending too much money lately. Partly because I see good things. Partly because I have a 4 year old who knows I can be a pushover.

And partly because these children just won't stop growing! Good lord, it's like they grow over night. It's driving me bonkers. It's a good thing I love thrift stores because it makes shopping for their clothes a little cheaper. I finally found something beautiful for me at one of my little thrifty hiding places. It's this black, shin length, wool coat with a mink (?!) collar. Now before you go screaming at me about killing the animals...I just want to say...I didn't kill the animal. I didn't buy it brand new off some ritzy Nordstroms rack. I gave it a safe home where it will be respected for the fur that God gave it. And now it will keep a freezing person warm in the winter.
Back to the coat! It's gorgeous. And $10 is a steal because it's in mint condition as well. Maybe I'll post a picture later. Did I mention it's from like the 40's?!
~~~~
Bunny update.
I finished bunny alternate #2. Still not happy. She's sweet, but I'm still not happy. It's the perfectionist in me. I want it to be perfect! So now I'm onto bunny number three. Thankfully the second bunny that is for the same person is pretty much finished and cute as a button. Why can't they all be that easy?! For some reason boys seem to be easier than girls...Strange.
~~~
I met someone new, a friend, this past week. Sweet lady from Italy, doing an internship at SSU with a professor that makes her do "slave labor". She asked me what I do, as I was holding a screaming baby and trying to hear her talking. "I'm a full time mom right now." Somehow that totally turns people off. Not that she was turned off, but you can kind of see peoples eyes glaze over when you say that. Especially when they are fairly well educated. I realized I'm also all these other wonderful things alongside being a mom. But being a mom is my main career at the moment and no one seems quite impressed with that. Maybe my kids will later on. *YEAH RIGHT*
Perhaps when they have children of their own.

In the mean time, we had a lovely conversation about other things, and she invited me to spend Christmas with her and her husband. Mostly I think because we got to discussing that I was a chef pre-children.

~~~
Speaking of cooking...I made some lovely Russian Tea Cakes yesterday. Oh so yummy.

2 c. flour
6 Tb powdered sugar
1 c. butter, softened but not melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped nuts, I used pecans

Cream the butter and vanilla. Sift the flour and sugar together and then mix into the butter mixture. Add the nuts and mix. Roll spoonfuls into balls and cook at 350 degrees until the bottom is golden.

Roll them in more powdered sugar right out of the oven if you like.
~~~
Have you seen Dr. No? Sean Connery is soooo handsome. He was my latest Netflix suprise. Love the accent. Love the tuxedo. Just...yeah. They don't make 'em like they used to.

No comments: