Thursday, December 07, 2006

This little bunny went to the market...

Which little bunny should go to a home?
Who is your favorite? This pink bunny or the one with the flowers from the previous post...

Mister Polka-Dots with Blue...well he's just handsome as can be. He needs to be dressed up for his trip across the country though. Something extra special I think;)It's good that they are so quick and easy to make because I tend to get attached too easily. They're so cute I just want to keep them all for myself:) What would I do with a room full of bunnies, though. Anthony got particularly attached to the one with orange under it's ears. And Anneliese slobbered kisses all over it, so it's a keeper. Anthony thinks it's hilarious to fling him around the house by his ears. Poor little guy. He's getting lots of love though! I hope these guys get some from their new owners.
~~~
I haven't talked about our little voyage to the Asian world lately. Mostly because nothing is happening! I can't say I'm too suprised. Mostly just frustrated as hell. I swear, I plan for something and things go some other way. It always happens that way. Everything is half packed. The passports are halfway gotten. (As in I haven't gone and paid for them and gotten them yet.) Stuff with Kevin's unit is halfway done. (As in the papers haven't left anyones desk. I'm betting nothing will happen until the very last moment...)His tour is up in May, so that gives a couple months for something to happen. Otherwise is LeJuene here we come. I get giddy when I think about that. We could even do a DITY, and bore the children to tears with all the sightseeing along the way. I've never been to the east coast so, that would be pretty exciting for me.
Ho-hum.
~~~
I was trying to find myself some pants that fit yesterday. I haven't really bought any new since I lost so much weight so my pants are all tucked this way and that with a belt so they don't fall down. Funny enough I don't have a floor length mirror, so I have no idea how badly I look. No one has really pointed it out to me yet (and trust me they would), so it can't been too bad. But it is nice to have pants that don't fall down. I was thinking of going with those elastic waisted pants, but I'd like to think I'm not that desperate yet. The pants I did find at my thrifty little place were incredibly cute, but try hauling two children into a dressing room to try on clothes. Two things can happen--the older child opens the door while you are half naked, or both children climb under the door while you are half naked. Needless to say, I got the pants home and both are too big. So, I'm thinking elastic might just be the way to go. *cringe*
~~~
Today in History!

Air Raid on Pearl Harbor

On December 7, 1941, Japanese planes attacked the United States Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Territory killing more than 2,300 Americans. The U.S.S. Arizona was completely destroyed and the U.S.S. Oklahoma capsized. The attack sank three other ships and damaged many additional vessels. More than 180 aircraft were destroyed.

A hurried dispatch from the ranking United States naval officer in Pearl Harbor, Commander in Chief Pacific, to all major navy commands and fleet units provided the first official word of the attack at the ill-prepared Pearl Harbor base. It said simply: AIR RAID ON PEARL HARBOR X THIS IS NOT DRILL.



No comments: