Saturday, November 11, 2006

The latest...on this and that.

Kevin checked on tickets home for Christmas. The price wasn't the problem. It was only like $600+. The problem is that he would be on standby coming and going. That's not so great.

I got pissy with him on the phone because I was so disappointed. I'm sorry for that, but I can't help being upset. I just want him HOME. Once again I should have known better than to hope for something I knew probably would not happen. I always only ever get disappointed anymore. It just is so...depressing. The fact is I should just be happy with what I have. Which is depressing too. God, what a depressing situation.

~~~

Since I have so much time to think about the above...I've been distracting myself as much as possible. What else is there, ya know? I tried not doing stuff but I just got frustrated, and sitting around doing nothing is fruitless and wasteful! So below are some of the things I've been working on. And one thing I found second-hand that I just love.

"Merry" is almost done. I have to finish adding glitter to the backside. It was being difficult and not wanting to stick. I think I'll hang it in a window, or on the front door.




This cape...I don't know what I'm doing here. I just thought this was cool material. I think it's apholstery fabric. Who cares. Anyways...I'm trying to decide how I want it to close in the front. Maybe a brooch or something. I thought about buttons....Maybe I'll go down to Railroad Square and look for some vintage buttons-- see what I can come up with.

This little guy...he's just adorable. This is like 2 hours worth of work, (with breaks for screaming babies and pottybreaks). He's really simple to make. This one is only about 5 inches from head to tail. I think I might try larger with some other material if I like the end results.

This vase I found at a second hand store. It's brass and really heavy! I loved the detail of the handle...
~~~

No comments: