Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fun with horses, cows, children and other wild animals.


This afternoon we spent with Anthony's god-mother and some other friends out on her farm. The kids played and ran wild. We adults sipped red wine, laughed, joked, and caught up on what's going on with everyone. There were about 15 or so of us. It was quite a lovely day. Margaret got out her horses and let the kids ride and let us adults ride along on her carriage. Bufford, her purcheron(sp?), gave us lovely bumpy rides, and sore bottoms. It was really fun.

It was really weird being with so many people....I haven't really been out with friends in ages, so I was kind of self-conscious and insecure. For some reason I always fall into this behavior of trying to be invisible, like everyone is better than me, more educated, more traveled. But then I was thinking about it and came to the conclusion that I also am educated and traveled, and not exactly an idiot. (Although...I'm sure some might argue that point every once in a while:) I have a great husband, (despite the partying in foreign countries without me:), my kids are fairly respectable and very cute (that must count for something), I'm smart, I can cook/bake the best whatever you'll ever eat, I'm a pretty good artist. I think it stems from being from a family where I was never seen or heard, never rocked the boat, and always was the fixer. I catch myself still playing that role. At least I am realizing that I'm doing it though.

Anywho...I had fun. Anthony had fun with the other kids and got along really well. Amazingly he was the good one this time.

We have to do it again. Soon.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Friends for Mommy - gooooooood. Glad you got out. Sounds like a good time was had by all.