Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Reading, writing, and arithmetic


I started reading this book about Ayurveda. It's basically the ancient Indian form of medicine that includes treatment of the body, emotions, soul, and mind. It really makes a lot of sense if you think about it because when we are sick there are so many factors involved besides our physical self. It's very interesting to read about another culture and religion and how intelligently they treated illness and disease from thousands of years back.

It kind of makes you think "Damn the English!" "If it was sick cut it off!" seemed to be their medical advise. Rather scary if you think about it. That's where this country and culture originated from...Not much has changed really if you pay close attention to allopathic medicine.

~~~
I'm totally having writers block with my cook book. How is that possible?! It's a damn cook book! But it needs an introduction, and I was trying to write a little intro to each section as well. I'm just not feeling the love lately.
My childrens book is coming along. Slowly but surely. I've been so busy with other stuff that I haven't worked much on it. I'm about a quarter of the way through. Better than nothing, I suppose.

~~~
I have collected a billion things to recycle. I just have to load it all in the back of the car and get it into town. It's not really that big a deal, but it just seems like it's so much effort to get the kids down to the car. Anthony dawdles, and can't leave the house without something to play with (which takes what seems like hours to figure out). Anneliese decides that THE time to go poopy is right as we're leaving. How she knows to do this is beyond me but she's got it down to a science. Maybe it's nerves??? Maybe she sense something is going on and has a nervous stomach. I'm the same way...But it was usually when I was in school and there was a test coming up, or I was in the middle of a test. It was just overload for my body. It kind of sucked too because I pretty much flunked all my tests anyways. I don't know why I stressed so much when I knew I was going to fail anyways!
Wow, that was kind of off the subject. Anyway, the recycle stuff should bring in a good $40 at least. Yeah, that's a LOT of cans. $40 I can spend on myself! I need a new pair of jeans....
~~~

My cars "Maintnance Required" light came on last week. Someone just shoot me, please. This damn car...
Anyway..it's running a little rough. When it idles it rumbles a little. Not so good I guess. My dad talked to a mechanic about it this morning and he just called me back about it. The guy said it could be nothing, or it could be a valve problem in which case that could be about $2k worth of work that it needs. No freaking way. The dealer better cover that or I'll just have to throw a fit or something. Where the hell am I gonna get $2k? I don't think I have that many cans to recycle.

I wish Kevin would call...

No comments: