Sunday, July 16, 2006

Slimming down.


I'm not sure if I've talked about my weight on here...other than to say that my butt was big!
Fortunately I lost 20 lbs from my pregnancy. I'm actually a few lbs lighter now than I was before I was pregnant. That's mostly due to being disgustingly sick during the pregnany. I still want to lose more wieght though. I've been doing pretty well with not stuffing my face. The only problem really has been that since I'm nursing still, I'm starving ALWAYS. And if I don't eat my blood sugar will get so low that I'll pass out. Fortunately I've been controlling that pretty well also. I just have to make sure to snack before I start feeling lightheaded.

Anyway, I joined Slim-Fast. It's actually not that difficult to do. I went over the meal plan for the week and basically it's just eating healthy and not over-eating certain foods. And making sure to move my butt a little everyday. I figure I can take the kids to the park and walk the paths. Easy enough to do. I printed out the shopping list which was a little scary until I realized I have a lot of the stuff in my fridge already. We'll see how it goes. My goal is to lose another 20 lbs. Even if I lose 10 I'll be happy.

~~~
Nothing too exciting with the kids lately. They're both still demanding and loud. Anthony still says "What?!" everytime you say anything to him. And "why" is still the word most often used in his vocabulary.
Anneliese is still getting great laughs out of pulling my hair. She's rolling around and scooting on her tummy. She'll be crawling in no time at all. Scary thought. Wasn't she just born like yesterday? It's crazy how quickly they pick stuff up.

I took them to the river the other day. Anthony had a blast. He's getting more comfortable in the water. The time before this, everytime he got in deeper than his knees he would yell "I need my Mamma! Mamma I love you! I love you!" It was so funny, but he was so desperately scared of getting water on his head. He's just so funny.

~~~
I bought a Materia Medica the other day. It's really interesting. I also got a book about treating children with homeopathic remedies, massage, and chinese medicine.(I've learned that second hand stores are great for cheap books. People aroud here are so weird, you can find some really great reads for under $1.) It's much more of the way I naturally think about treating illnesses. Treat the whole person, not just the sick part. I'm learning about "Energy" too. It's interesting. I always think of energy as something that New Age Religion people do their hocus-pocus with...but I'm starting to think that maybe it's our soul that they're really talking about. I guess I'll find out more, the more I read.
There is actually a saint, St. Hildegard, who used home remedies to cure ailments. I haven't gotten around to reading much on her, but some of the remedies were really interesting. For example, sucking on a pearl, and soaking an emerald in tea for certain ailments. I'll have to Google her and see what I can find.

~~~
Now I'm wondering if there are natural things to use to lose weight. There must be. Now I really have to Google stuff.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yes, there are herbals for weight loss. My husband is Toaist, and studies energy quite a bit. I'm taking an herbalism course right now. Your post really caught my attention today!