Friday, June 23, 2006

Bad thoughts chasing away good dreams

Lately I fall alseep to be woken by bad thoughts. Not dreams or nightmares, but I'm finding myself consciously thinking about the worst sorts of things happening. I'm really hating even having to go to bed.

This morning I found out that a friend of Kevin's was killed in combat in Iraq. You can imagine the sorts of things going through my head now...Makes me feel very lonely. And angry. And frustrated too. I feel like I have no control over the future of my life sometimes. I don't like it. The thought that comes to mind most is "Just fix the next meal." Somehow this makes the days go by easier. One meal down, that many hours down. Another day survived.

Of course Kevin tells me not to worry. I worry about everything...


We're going to the river tomorrow again. Should be fun for the kids. I, on the other hand, am going to bake in the sun and watch Anneliese. Her lastest is turning over. She's really good at it too.


Here the Princess makes her presence known.
She just needs her royal subjects to obey when she calls and then everything would be just peachy.

3 comments:

Susan said...

You have the cutest kids. They are truly adorable.

Celeste said...

they are cute...i'm paranoid in grocery store that someone will take them when i turn the other way. is that really bad?

Susan said...

No, because there are some serious whack-jobs out there. You're just being a good mommy.