Thursday, April 20, 2006

Construction Zone!


The kitchen is a construction zone. It's quite messy, but at least it's getting worked on!

I had my first experience with power tools today. That was scary. They're really loud and
powerful. I was sawing through this piece of wood with a circular saw and it threw me back a bit when it got all the way through the piece. All I could think was "AH! There goes my arm!" Haha. That would be a nightmare. I'd have to get the kids in the car and drive myself to the hospital. It'd be faster than waiting for an ambulance to get here! But we had NO accidents, so NO worries! (I was careful honey, I promise.)
And then I rebuilt a little counter top so we would have someplace to work while we work on the rest of the kitchen. I'm quite handy if I do say so myself. Here's some pictures of our disaster of a kitchen. Trust me, it looks tons better than yesterday.
If you're wondering how we function in this "kitchen"...well...we don't really:) We just pretend to. And buy lots of pre-made food!

No comments: