Monday, April 17, 2006

Bitchin' and Moanin' and Totally Random Stuff.

The day after Easter is always so much fun because there are more dishes to do than can be done. I'll be spending the majority of the day trying to make it so that we can see the sink without having to move pots and pans and dishes and platters and silver. I've given up on asking anyone to help. It just won't happen. I'd rather do it myself than argue with anyone about needing to help out a little. Or the other option is to just let it all sit there until someone decides that mold on week old dishes is nasty. I kind of wouldn't mind that...except for the smell that will eventually acompany it.

My sister bought Peter a new Playstation game for Easter. He won't be moving from the couch for the next month at least.

I was thinking about it...I think I'm probably the most unpolitically correct mother around. I bought my kid guns for Easter. You know...those metal western six-shooters that come with a holster. I could even have gotten him a badge to go along with it, but he doesn't really need it. It'd just get lost. So I put them in a Curious George bucket along with some other toys and things and he just went CRAZY when he saw it. My mom brought it to him after we got back from Mass in the City. His exact words were "OH MY! Thank you Grammy!!!!" He hasn't put them down since. He even slept with them. What I think is funny is that everyone else went crazy over them too. My dad thought they were cool cause he had a pair like that when he was Anthony's age. And my brothers were playing with them while he was going potty. It was hilarious. Who needs candy when you can have guns?!
What was even funnier was that it went from talking about how cool the guns are to how to make homemade explosives.
(WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!) My sister pointed out that if you get a 2 liter soda bottle and put draino in it, shove in some tin foil, screw the top back on really quick and throw it...it's a homemade bomb. And then Xavier and Ben pointed out that the Taco Sauce from Taco Bell takes off oxidation....and that it could be really funny to go write something obscene on the building in Sebastapol that has a tin roof.

My big brother didn't come for Easter. I guess I should be used to the fact that he's mean and doesn't care about me anymore...kind of like I should be used to my dad being the same way after 26 years of it...But I still can't seem to get over having been rejected by the first male rolemodels in my life. It's one of those instances when you really have to practice not dwelling on things you can't change and changing the things you can. I'm still working on it. It's taken this long to realize these things, it may take just as long to accept them and move on. I hope not though.

I was messing around with my cell phone yesterday trying to find cool stuff to put on it because each month the money rolls over so I have almost $200 on it. So I bought a bunch of ring tones. Johnny Cash sings Walk the Line when someone calls now. It's pretty funny. I wanted to see if I could get the theme song from Madagascar but I couldn't find it. That song just cracks me up. Anthony usually makes fun of me when I start dancing or singing, but he always sings and dances right along with me whenever that song comes on.

Talked to Kevin last night. I thought I was dreaming when I woke up this morning but I found the phone next to my pillow. It was comforting knowing I didn't just dream it. I miss him like crazy. Like really really miss him. I keep having these dreams about him being home and we never get time alone together. Either the kids are with us, someone walks into a room when we find a moment to be alone, or we are away visiting someone and can't be alone. It's a good thing that I can find things to keep me occuppied and that I have the kids to keep me busy.

Time to get to work!

No comments: