Saturday, July 07, 2012

I was called Prudish!


Heaven help us...someone called me prudish! Can you imagine?!
(Can you feel my sarcasm? :)

Here's what happened...Some ladies I know were going to see Magic Mike. If you don't know it, you aren't missing anything important. Anyway, I had seen a preview and was horrified. I felt a natural inclination to turn my face away even during the commercial. That should tell you something about it right there. It's a movie all about male strippers, and from what I've heard it should have a rating of more than R. So anyway, on to what happened. I turned down an invitation to go see it. I wasn't rude, or judgmental about it towards anyone. I just stated that I'd rather do something else. "Oh, don't be such a prude, Celeste."

I couldn't even think of a response. And even now I can't think of something graceful to say really, except that I don't believe I need to be looking at a man in such a way that this movie wants you to and encourages you to.

I'm married, and I take my covenant/sacrament very seriously. It's taken me a long time to learn the seriousness of this covenant and I'm doing my best to live up to my end of it.

Here is an excellent insight into more about Magic Mike from Warrior Wives. It's worth taking the time to read her blog entry for a more in depth look into why I felt the need to say no to seeing the movie.

I'm not always good with explanations but she does an excellent job of saying what I feel in my heart.

No comments: