Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Walking paths in the carpet!

There's only so much you can do for a crying baby. Unfortunately they can't speak up and just tell you right out what is wrong. I still get the mama-guilt when I set him down and he just continues to cry. I know there is a reason. Somewhere deep inside him. The mind-reader in me hasn't figured it out yet though. The upside is...he mostly sleeps through the night, so really I just spend the day walking paths in the carpet rocking him and trying to console him. Yesterday, I just needed 5 minutes to myself, so I put him in his swing and jumped in the shower. When I got out, he was still screaming...But Anthony had taken it upon himself to take him out of the swing and sit down on the floor with him. He was trying to comfort him by rocking him. Matthew wasn't having any of it. He was still crimson in the face and screaming at the top of his lungs. Poor Anthony was looking at me with this "WHAT DO I DO?!" look. Poor guy. Both of them!

The upside to all this baby-walking? I'm back into my pregnancy pants now:)

No comments: