Saturday, February 20, 2010

From the trenches of motherhood.

Annie has Scarlet Fever. We ended up at the hospital last night because I just couldn't stand her being so miserable any more. Anyway...It's the rash related to the strep throat and fever she has. And let me tell you...it's miserable. She won't stop scratching, and they told me not to give her an antihistamine. They said it was good I brought her in. Years ago it was a childhood killer. It would turn to Rheumatic Fever and sometimes pneumonia. No thanks. She was only sick a couple of days...I had no idea it would turn into something so icky!

As I returned from the ER this morning with Anneliese, Anthony woke up with a bloody nose.

Got anything else? Bring it on! (Not really, I'm tired.)

I was going to try to install a ceiling fan today in the kids room to replace the old one that doesn't work. However, I can hardly stand up straight. I'm not so sure it's a good idea to stand on a ladder that high up when I'm feeling this dizzy and tired. The other thing I was supposed to do is finish our taxes, but I'm not so sure that is a good idea either. I think this is going to turn into a lazy weekend.

1 comment:

Susy said...

It seems it's always something, doesn't it? lol I'm glad that she wasn't sick for very long, but yikes!