Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday, Sunday.


I tried to take it easy a bit today. I'm really tired. I've been pushing myself really hard to get some things done. Part of it, I'm sure, is a nesting sort of thing. The other part, just stubbornness to be sure.

For a little while I sat outside in my favorite shady spot with one eye on the kids swimming and the other browsing through a magazine I picked up yesterday. And then I came back in and started back onto a few projects I have going. It really is striking me that perhaps ADD is something that I might have. I start on something, get bored or frustrated and stop. Then I start something entirely new. Before you know it I have 20 different half done things and a irritated husband. I've started making lists of my unfinished projects, and I'm attempting to tackle one at a time and complete it before picking up something new. But, I have a tendency to think of something new and then just go for it. It's the bane of my existence. I'm learning though, and slowly getting to where I can stick with something long enough to finish it.

Whether I'm happy when I'm finished is something else entirely.

I read something today that gave me some comfort..."Give yourself permission to make bad art."

No comments: