Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas is soooo close!

...And that is why I've been avoiding the mall and grocery stores!

Ok, so maybe not yesterday. I had to get out of the house for a bit. Cabin fever was starting to set in a little, and I needed some time away from the blaring football game. Not so much into football, but I'll hang out and watch for a while just to spend some time with the hubby. Yesterday I just needed to get out though. So I went to check out this new discount factory store. They have all sorts of name brands that are marked up to 70% off. I can't pass up looking at anything that says 70%, I mean come on!

I found these boots! I was walking by the shoes, (not much for shoe shopping, more of a sweater shopper), and I went over and grabbed them off the shelf before I even looked at the price or size. I'm sure the lady I stepped in front of thought I was incredibly rude, which I was.

They look very similar to some made by Dubarry ($439) that I had been drooling over in a magazine for about a month. I don't care what it is, though, if it costs in the hundreds the idea of spending that much on one thing seems pretty ridiculous to us poor folks. But I could do $30. All leather. Yep, you betcha.

Now to the grocery store...We do need food after all.
I haven't been grocery shopping in over a week. We're down to the months old ice cream cones, and wilting carrots in the fridge. It's time to get out there again!

I'll post my menu for this week a bit later today, so head on over to my kitchen by clicking the link to the right.
~~~


The kids in our neighborhood are out of school until January 5th, so Anthony's best friend has been over here a lot. Already. His mom and I are aiming to find lots to keep them busy as they are already complaining of boredom. It doesn't help that it's raining yet again!

I sort of enjoy the rain, as it automatically waters my plants.
And I get to wear cozy sweaters and drink warm drinks.

While the little boy is next door, (must share the wealth of young noisy boys), Annie has been entertaining herself, and I have been practicing calligraphy and turning some pen and water color designs in to cards.
Now I must plan out tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the boots!
I thought that was a lime tree all this time?! Lemon bars, yummy!
Grammy