Saturday, June 14, 2008

My first time....

Making icing flowers! Wow!

I bought this cake decorating program online and watched a ton of videos to learn how to do decorating. With all the stuff I do, (cook, sew, garden, draw, etc.) I still love to make cakes and bake stuff. So I figured why not learn to perfect something I already like doing and which I'm pretty good at. I have a tendency to take on lot at once, (have you noticed that????), and so nothing gets perfected. A goal of mine has been to pick something and get really great at it. I'm pretty good at sewing. I'm ok at drawing/painting. I'm alright at some other stuff. But I've never been GREAT at something. And I wanted to be. My sister is smart. My brother is a great artist. My mom is fabulous at just about anything she tries. My other brother is a genius as well. Me...eh. Jack of all trades and master of none. That's handy in a pinch I must say. But I want to be great at something. Maybe this is it. Maybe it isn't. But I might as well try since I like it, right?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Next time I need a cake, I just might call!

BTW-don't sell yourself short! I think you're amazing! I can't do any of the things you seem to do so effortlessly.

Susan said...

Those are truly beautiful! I love coming to see what you've been working on, so stop saying you aren't that good. I wish I could do some of those thing you do!

Celeste said...

Wow. Thanks you guys. This has been humbling...I get so caught up looking out around me at all the "perfect" people. I forget they aren't perfect either. We all struggle don't we...

Thank you again!