Saturday, June 07, 2008

More on using what you have!

We get coupons from WIC for cereal. It's great! The only problem is the kids won't eat cereal unless it's sweetened somehow. You know, maple syrup, or brown sugar, or honey. I don't blame them much. Sweet is always good.

Kix happen to be one of the cereals that just sit in the cupboard. I think I had like 6 boxes! What do you do with this stuff? Well...I decided I had to do something so it didn't just get thrown out.

So here's how to make your very own Peanut Buttery Chocolaty Cereal Puffs.



You need

2 Boxes of Kix
1/2 cup of Peanut Butter, I like creamy
1/4 cup of Honey
3 oz bar of Chocolate, I used a Hershey's Cacao Reserve bar that I had in the freezer (for like a year)
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Melt the Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Honey together in a small pot on the stove over medium low heat. Don't let it boil, you just want it to melt together. Empty your cereal into one large bowl, or two smaller ones, and pour the chocolate and peanut butter syrup evenly over the top of the cereal. Mix it all together so that the cereal is all evenly coated. It has a tendency to stick together, so keep mixing until it is all loose. With a sifter, sift the powdered sugar over the top of the cereal and mix it all together so it is evenly coated. Pour the mixture onto two sheet pans and cook at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes. You just want it to crisp up a little. Let it cool, and then store however you like. (I like zip lock bags with the zipper slide.)


Enjoy:)

No comments: