Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I'm a slacker!

That said...I'll try to be more consistent here.

Well, desperation calls for desperate measures. I need some good friends, so started the meet-up group to the right--Catholic Moms and Children. I've put some little get together info together on the calendar, and now I just need some people to join up! If you plan they will come? We can hope. I've got to get out and advertise now. I'm hoping our parish will let me post flier on the bulletin board or something. The library is a good place for that too.

What I'm really hoping for is some homeschooling friends....because, well, we decided to try out homeschooling with Anthony. When I stop thinking about how scary it sounds at times, I actually get excited because it will give is the freedom to take off and go exploring if we feel the urge. I was really agonizing over whether it was for us. It's going to be great though. We're doing it through CAVA, where they plan it all for you and give you all the supplies you need. And it will be great for when, say, we want to go on a trip or something. I needed that extra bit of planning help, as well, because as we all know I tend to space out sometimes. Anyway, it would be good if we could have some other home-schoolers to hang out with during the day once in a while.

It would also be nice to have some people to share my faith with. It gets a bit lonely out here sometimes.

Anyway, hoping for the best!


3 comments:

Susan said...

Good luck with both things, hon. If I were there, I'd hang out with ya!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend, here, who has used CAVA with her kids for a few years. If you need any info, let me know. Also, there are ALWAYS homeschooling groups around. Check the parishes around you, because sometimes a homeschooling group will meet once a month for Mass and a park day. It will be a positive experience! There are so many resources! Is Anthony starting kindergarten this fall? Max has to wait a year, but will be doing 2 days a week in preschool.

Celeste said...

Thanks, Susan:) I'd hang out with you too!

Thanks, Jen! I may give you a call if I have some Q's once we get started.
Yes, Anthony is starting Kindergarten!Somehow time flew by just way too quickly. They think he's ready for Kindergarten though so I'll just go with it. If he ends up having too hard a time, or falls behind maybe we'll hold him back a bit. We'll see what happens.