Saturday, January 27, 2007

This and that.

You know how you will get a glass of water and put in next to your bed in case you get thirsty?

Well, I do that because for some reason I always get thristy in the night. But my problem is dust and hairs and whatever else that likes to land in my water. I may not be able to see it in the dark, but I know they land in there because when I wake up in the morning they are floating around on top.

I need to get a cup with a lid. Like my kids have, but without the little spout. Maybe like a coffee cup. Or a thermos. Maybe even a sports bottle. Those work.

Where the heck does all the dust come from anyways?
~~~

Anneliese started walking last night. I just happened to walk into the bedroom when she stood up and took 4 steps before grabbing hold of my leg. Before we know it she'll be running around at the park chasing balls and boy and whatever else looks fun.

Time flies.

~~~

Ages ago, when I was young and carefree and lacking interest, I was into music. I took choir and music lessons all throughout my schooling years. I loved music. I loved/love to sing. Often you will here me belt out some nonsensical-made up music and abruptley stop. The urge to sing just hits me every so often. Our neighbors have become used to my little weirdness. I think perhaps they might even enjoy it sometimes.

I had a dream last night that I was asked to sing the national anthem at some big event. All I can remember is a bunch of "friends" cheering me and letting me practice on them. I would be petrified....for about 30 seconds. And then I'd just belt it out.

Amidst my musings on this subject I realized that when we have real neighbors, ones that live closer than half an acre away, belting out some weird operatic noise at 11:30 at night might not be as welcome or tolerated as it is here. I'm going to have to find an outlet.

Perhaps church choir.
~~~

I'm going to go pack some things. Maybe I'll be back later when I have something interesting to shrae.

No comments: