Sunday, December 31, 2006

Challenge yourself.

I was thinking about how I am. I am pretty boring. I don't do things people would consider "out of character". But then I am still discovering my character. Being a mommy makes me tired, so I don't venture "beyond" much because sometimes just taking a nap is all I want to do. I don't even have the brain capacity to go and sit in front of a movie screen if it was offered to me. I would just shut down and think about all the things that usually take up my day...diapers, bills, dishes, laundry, and finding a minute to squeeze in something creative.


So I suppose I could make "Challenge yourself" my New Years resolution. Challenge myself to do things I don't want to do, don't feel like doing, or have not considered doing.



I started on Christmas by running around on our friend Margaret's farm with Anthony and stomping in puddles. I was wearing the slinky little black dress that I bought myself as a present for accomplishing my weight goal. I had lovely little mud flecks all up the back, and my pantyhose were soaked at the toes, by the time we were done running around. But it was fun after I got past not wanting to be running around in the mud in the cold in my new little black dress.

I suppose part of this is that I don't want to have any regrets. When I'm an old wrinkly lady sitting in my chair reading Sun and gossiping about who didn't take their pills I don't want to also look back and wish I had done something that I really wanted to do, but just didn't because I didn't feel like it at the moment. (Like how I went to Paris and was too stupid to go to the Louvre. I know!) And I want to have fun! Kids and bills and everything make you want to be so serious, but serious is boring...

I have to think about this some more to come up with some stuff I'm going to do.

:)

No comments: