Monday, November 06, 2006

Stuff.


A few people have commented on us not getting our orders yet for Japan. It really does stink big hairy bowling balls. I guess I could call and just work my way up his chain of command, but I really don't want to be that much of a pain in the butt. He's already made it pretty clear that they're kind of peeved with me for telling him to extend if he wants to. Hey I was just trying to help him along! Nothing personal you nitwits! I just think they're lazy and don't want to do paperwork:) Whatever. Anyway, I guess the CO could turn down his request. That's fine. He saw his orders if he had not extended, and they were for LeJeune. Fine by me. I just don't really care anymore. I think I've already said that though.

Spoke with Kev this morning at like 4:45. I woke up from a nightmare and called to just chitchat. He had just gotten home. It was nearly 10 pm there. He was peeved because his Marines were being retarded all day I guess. Any who, he's headed out to the field till the end of the week. He said he'd talk with someone about everything this week, get pushy. He's good at that. Pre-USMC he was in Tech Support (among other things), so he's good at finding out what he needs to.

Why he's not coming home for Christmas....I still don't understand that one fully. But I plan on getting to the bottom of it. First he promised Anthony he'd be home for his birthday at the end of this month. I was hoping for that. They told him no, I guess. Christmas would be great. We haven't had a Christmas together in about 3 years. I think. I don't know, I've lost count. If he's not home till February like he says, Anneliese will be walking and talking by the time he gets to see her. He's missing our babies baby years. I hate that.

~~~

Stuff that has nothing to do with anything, but that I have found interesting:

1)Saliva Ferning. I'd never heard of it before. I was like "What the heck is that?!" Apparantly, (this is girly stuff by the way), if you observe your saliva under a microscope through out the month you can tell when you are ovulating by the ferning pattern that your saliva has. If there is no fern pattern then it is 98% accurate of negativity with regards to being fertile. Pretty cool, I thought. They sell these special little microscopes that are the size of a lipstick case for like $20. Might do it just to see if I can! Why not. I'll be my own little science experiment.

A friend of mine and I were discussing fertility stuff and she told me that her daughter technically shouldn't be here because they used a condom. Oopsies. I always wondered how common it was that condoms failed...You read stuff, but it never really seems to be realistic. I think talking to people is more interesting that reading statistics anyways.

2) There are these companies that can get your passport for you in like 2 days. That's awesome. If you have the money to do it. It's like $200.

3) I found out that you can be something other than an American Citizen. You can be a Sovereign Citizen where you only answer to God. Not courts, not laws, no judges or politicians. You can only swear to God on a bible about anything. Pretty interesting. Mostly people who are into conspiracy theories are into it, I've found. But it's still pretty interesting that someone came up with that.

4) Ramen noodles can only be cooked for so long before they turn into these giant worm-like sponge things. They taste nasty that way, just so you know.

5) This month, the 10th, is the Marine Corps birthday. I really want to go to the Ball with Kevin. I even have a dress I could wear. That's all the girls are talking about on the Marine Parents/Friends board. It is really starting to bug me. But then they are all mostly about 10 years younger than me, and right out of highschool, so I guess it's to be expected. Oh well. Happy Birthday USMC!

No comments: