Thursday, October 12, 2006

Dinner...The irritable meal at the end of the day.


Some how coming up with and fixing dinner has become the bane of everyone's existence around here. Mom can't eat milk products. That cuts a WHOLE LOT of food out of the picture. So the rest of us have sort of become milk free as well. It makes it hard to come up with something new and interesting to eat. In fact, if anyone asks me I say we're having peanut butter and jelly for dinner. In fact that's what we're having for every meal from now on, unless it comes frozen in a oven safe container.

Luckily McDonald's was on the way home last night. Of course Anthony only ate his fries and wanted me to make him something at like 11:30 last night. I think not. That's a good reason to keep fruit and cheese sticks around.

Actually I do most of the cooking around here, and most of the meals are all homemade. The other night we had porkchops and potatoes and something else I can't remember right now...Used the left over pork to make stirfry the next night. Making pulled pork in the slow cooker today. Just trying to figure out what to serve with it. Maybe rice...and beans. Or tortilla's, and make burritos.

There are a bunch of recipe sites that I go to to get some ideas but I get irritated because alot of people are into casseroles and frankly I think they are kind of nasty. Everything is slathered in cheese and topped with potato chips. Blick. There was one casserole that I had once which was really good. Cornbread stuffing, greenbeans, turkey, gravy, cranberries...It was good. I guess I'm a purest though. I like to eat all my food groups seperately. I guess I'm weird like that.

Anybody have any interesting yummy things that you like to make for dinner?

No comments: