Friday, April 28, 2006

Being the "Marines Wife"



Some people have wondered why I'm so non-talkative about the War and my husbands role in defending freedom, etc. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with what is going on. Frankly I try not to read the news too often because it scares the shit out of me. I understand to a certain degree what is going on over there, but I don't need to hear the grimmy details because that is where my husband is headed. There are these people who get this sick sense of feeling special because they can argue all day about the War, and how our troops shouldn't be there, and how so-and-so got hurt or killed for no good reason. Maybe it's denial, but I feel better and more secure just keeping it to myself how I'm feeling about the whole thing. It pisses me off to have to discuss how I feel about it all, about how I feel about my husband heading over there to fight. How the hell do you think I feel??? Scared shit-less, worried, concerned, a little paranoid. His job is to do his duty, mine is to put on a brave face and go on with life taking care of my children and praying for my husband. That's what being a Marines Wife is.

No comments: